Finance Analyst DACH (m/f/d)
Are you a finance expert keen to be involved with the continuous scale up of a sports media business in Germany, Austria and Switzerland? We have already changed the way fans in Germany, Austria and Switzerland consume sport. Our unique product and leading set of rights including UEFA Champions League and Europa League are available to sports consumers since Summer 2018 and, we’re offering a flexible, leave/pause anytime service at one affordable monthly price.
As our finance analyst in territory, you’ll interpret financial results of business KPIs to drive business performance and maximise commercial opportunities across our operations and programming business divisions. Your broad remit will include budgeting, re-forecasting and reporting / presenting to regional and global stakeholders, driving business performance and maximising return on assets and providing a consultative and influential service to your business partners to help them become more KPI driven.
The opportunities for you in this role could be endless – the start of an awesome new career journey.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Being a key member of DAZN regional business partner team in understanding the financial results and suite of business KPIs and using them to play an important role in driving performance and maximising opportunities across all revenue-driving areas of the business within the region (including sales and marketing and content)
- Supporting regional stakeholders with respect to evaluating, negotiating and contracting new opportunities and contracts, including financial modelling in alignment with best practice from the central financial modelling team
- Preparing the regional annual budgets for all elements of revenue and gross margin (including challenging / obtaining buy-in from non-finance teams on the forecast inputs and KPIs that drive financial outputs) and managing the business against those barometers and reporting / interpreting actual results
- Preparing regular reforecasts of the annual budget (at least once a quarter) through close alignment with the Revenue Planning team and key regional and global stakeholders
- Being a key finance business partner for all ancillary revenues (including regional advertising, commercial premises and content sub-licensing) and budgets in DACH, in addition to the subscription revenues
- Working closely with the local Finance Operations Manager and Finance SSC leads in order to transition commercial deals from inception through to effective business-as-usual with insightful reporting
- Playing an important role in the establishment and maintenance of a strong culture of governance and control across the business
- Supporting the Senior Finance Analyst DACH and the VP Revenue Finance Europe preparing board and management presentations
- Presenting lookback and forecast analysis to key regional stakeholders on a weekly and monthly basis during performance reviews, including revenue KPI’s and revenue financial results (incl revenue, gross margin and contribution)
- Conducting granular and detailed analysis during regular post implementation reviews in order to continually provide insights and learnings for future investments
- Preparing monthly financial reviews for regional stakeholders, analysing financial performance against benchmarks and highlighting risks, opportunities and insights, in collaboration with the costs finance function
- Supporting any recommendations by the Revenue Planning team related to pricing, proposition and offers by assisting with modelling as required
- Working closely with Central Finance in order to drive continuous improvements in the delivery of finance services to key finance / other management stakeholders impacting revenue including cash-flow management, provision of monthly management accounts (including balance sheet), purchase order creation and approval, advanced financial modelling and reporting support, where required
- Ensuring financial and revenue KPI performance is accessible and maintained for management and to the Board as required
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Excellent communication and organisational / collaboration skills with ability to interact with those outside of finance to deliver preferred outcomes
- Ability to partner with the business across a range of disciplines, including marketing, partnerships, pricing, direct costs and other revenue-driving functions
- Strong commercial awareness and strategic/business acumen
- Pro-active and have an ability to operate in ambiguous and changing situations with multiple (at times conflicting) stakeholders to deliver results to meet deadlines
- Good foundational understanding of finance, including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting and financial modelling
- Fluent in English and German
- Experience working in a tech, media/telco or sports environment
NOT ESSENTIAL BUT GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE
- Degree educated or relevant finance qualification
- +2 years Finance experience within a fast-growing / global business
- Knowledge of local legal, tax and accounting laws and standards
- Experience working with business intelligence/analytics software e.g. Tableau/Looker
- Awareness of off and on-line marketing methodologies
- Knowledge of finance systems (Oracle preferred) and deep understanding of financial modelling techniques
- Department: DAZN
- Internal Job Title: Finance Analyst
- Reports To: Senior Finance Analyst DACH
- Career Level: 2
- Country and Location: Munich, Germany
- Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
- Line Management Responsibility: No
GERMANY BENEFITS INCLUDE…
30 days’ annual leave, matched pension contributions of 3% of annual salary, company festivities, fresh fruit, coffee and other refreshments.
And there’s more…… you’ll have access to our online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. We also have a structured management development programme and a financially rewarding ‘Refer a Friend’ scheme. Most importantly our great working atmosphere.
*Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
At part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, passionate, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations and gender identities. If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
We look forward to hearing from you.