Social Media Lead m/f/d
Munich, Germany / Content & Production – Editorial
You want to be part of world’s biggest sports streaming platform and play a crucial role in our exciting journey taking DAZN to the next level? You know and love both sports and social media, and you enjoy leading a team within a fast-moving, commercial environment? You understand the motivations why fans love sports and what they are looking for on social media?
As an experienced Social Media Lead you decide how DAZN interacts with their target audiences on all relevant social media channels where DAZN organically reaches millions of sports fans every day.
In this role you will be working with peers in multiple other departments, especially Production & Editorial, Consumer Marketing and Sales, leading a team of social media experts.
The internal job title will be Social Media Lead and role will be based in Ismaning/Munich. Benefits include access to DAZN, 30 days’ annual leave, annual performance-related bonus, pension contributions up to 3%, family friendly community, free access for you and one other to our workplace mental health platform app (Unmind), learning and development resources, opportunity for mobile working, and access to our internal speaker series and events.
As our new Social Media Lead m/f/d, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Lead the social media team of DAZN DACH, including people management, contract management, freelancer management and budget allocation
- Manage and refine our social media strategy for all platforms including YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Twitter
- Refine and execute our monetization strategy of our content on social platforms, across all business units
Your work will be measured by:
- Audience metrics (reach, engagement, follower growth, video views)
- Brand success metrics (awareness, consideration, preference, sentiment, satisfaction, perception)
- Campaign success metrics (recall, perception and others)
- Contribution to revenue growth
In order to achieve success against the metrics above you will:
- Work closely with our advertising department and establish and manage our content monetization strategy activating content from the biggest global sports events (Bundesliga, Champions League, NBA, NFL and more)
- Discover further growth and monetization opportunities, e.g., on platforms like Twitch
- Develop and execute a strategy to strengthen DAZN’s position as a primary sports and entertainment destination
- Work with the subscription management, commercial premises and new revenue teams on strategic cross-channel campaigns to drive brand and demand metrics in our target audience
- Execute our BAU content strategy across all social platforms maximizing reach (and frequency) into our target audience
- Explore and manage brand-fitting partnerships with influencers and credible brands
- Manage collaboration with platform partnerships (Meta, Google, Snapchat etc.)
- Work cross-functionally with peers in multiple departments to create and deploy ground-breaking and compelling integrated formats and campaigns
- Work closely with multiple other in-house departments to create engaging content for DAZN’s social media channels
- Oversee the monitoring and reporting on performance of our social media activities
You’ll be set up for success if you have:
- Experience in marketing/content and in social media
- Experience in managing a social media team
- Passion for sports and innovation, with a deep understanding of how fans want to consume it, especially on social media
- Ability and will to work flexible around sport events (weekends and evenings)
- Brilliant understanding of consumer marketing
- Sound understanding of the audience building, targeting, and analytics functionality of the leading social media networks
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, self-confident appearance, and independent way of working
- Analytical thinking and ability to shape strategies and approaches, and to drive performance based on data
- Excited to work on cross department and within multi countries initiatives
- Be able to handle projects within a bigger group of stakeholders
- Highly motivated to reach the teams’ goals, strong focus on results, ability to work independently on individual projects
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent language skills in German and English
Even better if you have:
- Experience in launching brand-channels or sub-brands on social media platforms
- Expertise for NFL and NBA
At DAZN, we bring ambition to life. We are innovators, game-changers and pioneers. So if you want to push boundaries and make an impact, DAZN is the place to be.
As part of our team you'll have the opportunity to make your mark and the power to make change happen. We're doing things no-one has done before, giving fans and customers access to sport anytime, anywhere. We're using world-class technology to transform sports and revolutionise the industry and we're not going to stop.
If you're ambitious, inventive, brave and supportive, then you're the kind of person who's going to enjoy life at DAZN.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment, both inside and outside of our walls, that values equality and diversity and where everyone can contribute at the highest level and have their voices heard. For us, this means hiring and developing talent across all races, ethnicities, religions, age groups, sexual orientations, gender identities and abilities. We are supported by our talented Employee Resource Group communities: proud@DAZN, women@DAZN, disability@DAZN and ParentZONE.
If you’d like to include a cover letter with your application, please feel free to. Please do not feel you need to apply with a photo or disclose any other information that is not related to your professional experience.
Our aim is to make our hiring processes as accessible for everyone as possible, including providing adjustments for interviews where we can.
We look forward to hearing from you.